We care about the environment. We aim to minimize the environmental impact of our products at every stage.
The need to save energy and to reduce CO2 emissions has become a driver for all concerned in contemporary lighting. Intelligent usage of technological development, design and planning are the elements that will help to make a difference.
The essential steps we follow to increase energy savings are:
1. We design creatively, to reduce light levels and ensure we do not over light.
2. We only use the most energy efficient light sources that have high luminous efficiency. These include some of the following:
3. We always consider using long-life light sources such as LED's and long-life fluorescents which have a life of 50,000 hours – which represent a 10-12 year average installation life.
4. We select lighting solutions with high LORs. Fittings with contemporary electronic control gear will not only reduce power consumption but also extend lamp-life by two to three times and can compensate for lumen depreciation over the rated lamp-life.
5. We use lighting control systems in association with dimmable electronic control gear that allows switching and dimming of lighting installations. This is an obvious way of energy saving. Daylight sensing and compensation systems can also make a significant contribution.
6. We implement a systematic maintenance regime to re-lamp and clean fittings on a planned basis to maintain the designed performance of the lighting installation.
Illuma is a member of Ecosurety - The leading producer responsibility compliance scheme making a positive impact on UK recycling. Ecosurety
Start typing for suggestions